Here we find large glass cases containing temporarily exhibitions. Another glass case recalls the long, and sad, history of the former House of Detention, in which our centre is now established. In World War II it was an infamous place, known as "De Weteringschans". In this glass case a photograph reminds one of those black days: The tablet attached to the building was unveiled by Mayor Van Thijn in February 1993, on the initiative of the Max Euwe-Centrum conjointly with the "Comité Herdenking Februaristaking 1941" (Committee for the Commemoration of the February-strike in 1941) and the Amsterdam local authorities.
On one of the walls photographs provide an overview of our recent activities and events. In addition, the names of our sponsors and donating companies are to be found there.
Max Euwe Centrum
Max Euweplein 30a
1017 MB Amsterdam
+31 20 6257017
Engelse vertaling door Drs M.S. Peekstok